As a Creative Scotland supported pilot, we are following their guidance on GDPR around how we manage personal data safely and confidentially, this means:
We will hold and use personal information in accordance with Data Protection legislation which includes the Data Protection Act 2018, the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003. Data Protection legislation regulates the way that we handle the personal information that we collect in the course of carrying out this pilot and gives certain rights to people whose personal information we may hold.
We will ensure that:
- personal information is appropriately stored
- there is someone with specific responsibility for data protection
- we take all necessary steps to ensure that personal information is kept secure at all times against unauthorised or unlawful loss or disclosure.
Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003 and the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations sit alongside the Data Protection Act and the GDPR. They give people specific privacy rights in relation to electronic communications.
There are specific rules on:
- marketing calls, emails, texts and faxes;
- cookies (and similar technologies);
- keeping communications services secure; and
- customer privacy as regards traffic and location data, itemised billing, line identification, and directory listings.
If you need support The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) aims to help organisations comply with data protection laws and promote good practice. They will also take enforcement action against organisations that persistently ignore their obligations.
If you would like to see any of the information we hold on you please contact us